Oops! Did you just go over budget? You don’t have to compromise your Happily Ever After. Say “I Do” to Your Big Day in a Big Way and have it all with a LendingPoint wedding loan. Designed for those who want an alternative to writing a big check.
With affordable fixed rates, flexible terms and no prepayment penalty, you don’t have to be married to a variable interest loan or credit card debt. Check your rates and offers here!
We want to hear your proposal story! Share your proposal on our Facebook page and you could win VIP seats at the Bridal Extravaganza of Atlanta fashion show! The winner will be announced on Facebook on August 1st.
Good luck! Join us at Bridal Extravaganza of Atlanta on August 14th for two fabulous fashion shows! Click here to purchase tickets.
Meet our billboard bride, Galina! Her photo is featured in our latest billboard advertisement for the Bridal Extravaganza of Atlanta on August 14th. Have you spotted her in one of our ten billboards around town?
Photographed by Craig Obrist Photography, her wedding to husband Daniel took place at Sugar Hill Church and Buford Community Center. But the couple didn’t just stick to their venue for photos; they took fabulous shots all over downtown Atlanta! We couldn’t wait to share!
Craig Obrist Photography is a unique style of photography for all your wedding, portrait, event and personal photo needs. Meet Craig at the Bridal Extravaganza of Atlanta on August 14th. Get your tickets here!
Perfect bridal hair and makeup doesn’t just happen. There are little things that you must do in order to prepare your hair and face for the appointment with your hair and makeup professional to make sure everything turns out as close to perfect as possible. But don’t worry; we’ve got your back! Just follow these tips from our guest blogger, Kristin Collins of A Glamour Affair, and you’ll be set for wedding day beauty perfection!
1. Not washing your hair the morning of your wedding. Most hair stylists like your hair dirty for styling, but really who wants to have stinky hair for your wedding night? Here at A Glamour Affair we prefer clean hair. This is because styles now involve more volume instead of slick tight do’s. If your hair is oily it’s just really hard to get any volume out of it and have it stay volumized. We use some really great products to get any advantages that two day old hair would have without being washed. So go ahead and wash that hair, use a volumizer while it’s wet and blow dry it. We will take care of the rest.
2. Using a flat iron or curling iron before your wedding day hair appointment. When you straighten your hair or add any hot tool (aside from a hair dryer), you are completely removing the moisture from your hair, which is needed in order for hair to hold the shape that your stylist will be putting into it. Since your stylist will be using a hot tool to curl your hair, this is the shape you will want to have for the day. I can always tell with the first section I curl whether or not my client used a hot tool on their hair.
3. Waxing your brows the day before, or even two days before your wedding. This can really affect the way your foundation adheres to your skin. When you wax you are removing even those fine hairs that are also all over your face. Waxing any sooner than three days before your wedding day can lead to sections of your face looking a different color than the rest once foundation is applied. Foundation looks different on hairless skin than skin with very fine barely visible hair. However, plucking is fine whenever because you are only removing the thick darker hairs.
4. Not exfoliating your face and lips the week of the wedding. By not exfoliating, you run the risk of having small pieces of flaky skin on your face which is amplified once foundation is added. This may not even be something that is visible to you, but upon taking a closer look we can see it when applying your makeup. Overall, it really affects the smooth effect that foundation can give. So, be sure to exfoliate your face with an exfoliator like Clinique’s exfoliating scrub which works wonders along with their clarifying lotion that removes away any left behind dead skin. Don’t forget to do your lips too! Lipstick on flaky lips doesn’t look very kissable! You should do this weekly leading up to your wedding day and the morning of the wedding, or at least the night before.
5. Not washing and moisturizing your face before your appointment. Your makeup artist needs to start with a clean canvas, including those lashes. They need to be free of any leftover mascara from the day before so you can get a smooth separated look for lashes. You also must show up with a moisturized face for your makeup appointment. You want your face to be hydrated and moist so your skin looks its best for your wedding day. Drinking plenty of water the week of your wedding can also help your skin look refreshed for the big day.
6. Not using a good lip balm the week of the wedding. We already talked about exfoliating the lips, but you also have to be moisturizing them so they have that plump look. You should moisturize your lips with a good lip balm the entire week of the wedding. You would be surprised how many people don’t think about this.
So there it is, all of the major factors that could really affect your wedding day look. If you follow these tips then you will get the most out of your hair and makeup appointment and look your very best!
A Glamour Affair is an on location team of hair and makeup artists providing lasting looks to brides in Atlanta and surrounding areas. They also do lash extensions, which are great for weddings and honeymoons.
Be sure to check out the Bridal Beauty Bar at the upcoming Bridal Extravaganza of Atlanta on August 14th! It’s the perfect opportunity to get pampered and test out some bridal beauty looks for your special day!
Big news! The first ever National Bridal Sale Day is coming up on July 16th! This day will be an amazing opportunity to get “your dream dress for less.” Hundreds of boutiques are participating in the sale nationwide!
The event will be held annually on the third Saturday in July, and is expected to become a tradition for bridal retailers just like Black Friday or Small Business Saturday. It’s a great way to shop local and save!
Bride Beautiful and Wedding Angels are two of the many participating stores in Georgia. Browse their collections online, and give them a call to book an appointment!
Click here for a full list of all National Bridal Sale Day participants.
Are you shopping on National Bridal Sale Day? Share your experience with us in the comments below!
We’re celebrating Fourth of July at Bridal Extravaganza of Atlanta with $4 tickets! This offer is valid through July 6th. No refunds on previously purchased tickets. Click here to purchase, and join us at the show on August 14th!
They don’t call it Hotlanta for nothing! If you’re getting married or attending a wedding in Atlanta this summer, you know the temperatures will be high and the humidity even higher. We have rounded up some of the best summer wedding tips to beat the heat and have a great time!
Provide guests with the essentials to beat the heat- plenty of water, sunscreen and source of shade.
Be mindful of your shoe choices. Go for comfort here! High heels are likely to get stuck in the grass in outdoor weddings and who doesn’t love flip flops for dancing!
Just like your wedding guests, your floral arrangements may quickly wilt in the heat. Ask your florist for the best recommendations for durable summer flowers and decor.
Make sure that your food stays properly cooled and bug-free. Your caterer will advise you on the best selections for a tasty reception.
Plan for optimal timing. Evening start times will give your guests more relief from the heat than summer afternoons.
Meet Nicole, our JulyBride of the Month! She and her fiance, Kyle, are getting married in September 2016 in Milton, Georgia!
How did he propose? One day last fall, Kyle and I went to the Roswell Mill and hiked up to the waterfall. On the hike up, Kyle was very talkative and a lady waved very enthusiastically as she passed by us. Thankfully, Kyle’s best friend Landon was already at the top kicking out all the visitors, saying “Everyone leave! My best friend’s about to propose to his girlfriend!” (which explains why that lady was so excited to see us).
When we got to the ledge in front of the waterfall, Kyle asked me if I remembered the last time we came there, when I had pointed out that the ledge would be a beautiful place for a proposal. He then got down on one knee and asked me to be his wife, where he claims I said nothing and just cried! But considering I’ve been planning since that day, I think it was a yes!
What has been the most difficult and most fun parts of your wedding planning process? The most fun parts have been bridal showers, food tasting, trying on dresses and getting closer with Kyle’s family. The most difficult parts have been hearing so many opinions, trying to pick dates for the bachelorette party and showers and seeing the final bill–yikes! But it’s so worth it!
Congratulations Nicole and Kyle! We can’t wait to see the wedding photos!
All photos in this post courtesy of Tiffany Loera, Wedding + Senior Photographer
On a quiet, lazy afternoon I was perusing Pinterest and found a photo which caught my eye–an empty, lonely room in a large estate home. The green patina on the walls and columns created a striking design, and hence Victoria Belle’s 2016 booth inspiration was born! The architectural elements and the Hollywood Regency era influence provided the spark we needed to bring together the colors, textures, shapes and decor.
The design research started with pinpointing industry trends in color palettes and themes. After the “big picture” was envisioned, the development stage of the design concept began. Each item was fashioned piece by piece, carefully taking into account the impact each element’s contribution to the overall presentation of the booth would serve.
What color schemes, textures and themes are included in the design?
We literally customized every item to produce Victoria Belle’s one-of-a-kind design gallery!
Essence of the design: a mural fabricated in New Zealand
Color love: the palette consisted of blush tones, copper, peach, teal and burgundy
Personality: the booth’s texture was expressed through copper and a green patina embellished the columns, table, chairs and even the stage.
Two wedge-type tower presentations with fresh foliage were designed to display photos of the Victoria Belle estate provided by our Preferred Photographers
Hand turned sheers
Victoria Belle’s hallmark was hand-painted on the fabric of the chairs and table runner
What’s your favorite part about working in the wedding industry?
I get to be apart of one of the most important and life changing events in a couple’s life.
Victoria Belle Mansion & Vintage White Barn is located in Hogansville, Georgia. Events at the Mansion make a statement by delivering refined elegance and class. Specializing in all types of social and corporate events, Victoria Belle Mansion’s experienced staff is prepared to make your special day memorable and unique!